2.9.08

I have The Fever


So I am in a band. (And I'm not giving you the name, since 1. we have not produced any records and thus the name is yet unprotected, and b. the name is so awesome that surely, without a doubt, it will be stolen. But just to give you a hint: several years ago, the band's other guitarist and my old roommate Dan and I were watching Xena: Warrior Princess, possibly in some state of disrepair, and the whole name unfolded like a rare, beautiful, hot, womanly orchid.)


We never actually gig, we only really jam. And we've been jamming off and on for, I dunno, 15 years maybe? (So screw you, Phish! Bunch of dirty hippies.) Anyway, we last jammed many many months ago. Circumstances - kids, work, everyone got busy and/or complacent. But as far as I know, even though our bassist just had a son less than a month ago, and even though our drummer appears to be on a self-imposed hiatus, we have not broken up. At least no one sent me that email.


Now, every time I see a show, pretty much every time, it makes me want to play. Here's the thing: in the past few weeks, I have seen Frank Black (Media Club, 6-Aug-08, solo show i.e. no backing band, kicked ass) and Radiohead (Thunderbird Stadium, 19-Aug-08, gigantic downpour all night, kicked ass) and am burning with the fever to play again.

And I shouldn't say that we just jam, because we also write. And I have so much to say, I really do!


I have approached said bandmates - but honestly, there is no point right now. Jason the Bassist just had a kid! So how do I proceed? People, what should I do??

Having no outlet for my stream of consciousness genius sucks. And so I impose on you My Blog. Seriously, if you want less painful blogs on the internet, convince my friends to get back into the music. Their email addresses are as follows...

2 comments:

ArneSalvesen said...

A blog? Your kid is going to think you are so lame, even before becoming a teenager. At least I waited until my kids already thought I was lame before I started blogging. The blog just gives them confirmation of what they already knew to be true.

Have fun. If you need someone to play an upright base, let me know. Matt's pretty good.

BC said...

My only hope now is that the Google server gets destroyed in the apocalypse before she is old enough to read.