6.2.24

Kyle Shanahan, Tortured Genius


I've nothing more to add beyond the title and a link to this article by Katie Baker on The Ringer.

Okay I'll add a bit more. I am biased, I am a lifelong Niners fan. I want the Niners to win so badly, for Kyle and for Trent Williams and Deebo and Kittle and Fred Warner and Armstead, for all the players, for Brock Purdy (knowing full well that idiots will continue to slam him even if they put up 40 points) just so he can complete the Rudy.

There's no one on the Chiefs that I can say that about. 'Cause they've already got rings! I like Andy Reid, I have since Philly; heck, I don't even dislike Patrick Mahomes, or Kelce or Chris Jones. But they have rings.

I want Kyle to get that ring, man. I feel like he needs it more than any other human on Earth right now. I want him to even the score with KC, let the universe settle back to a balanced axis. Then we can talk about legacies, and then we can talk about next year.

So go get that ring, Kyle! GET IT!

--

In actuality, while obviously Shanahan and all the coaches will be instrumental in the outcome of the game, what it will boil down to, I believe, is Deebo or Kittle or CMC willing a touchdown to happen, and Fred or Bosa or that crazy ass rollercoaster Big Play Dre - or maybe poetically Mooney Ward, who won the last SB matchup between these two teams (as a Chief), making a game sealing sack or pick. It will be a player, or a couple players on either side, willing this win into existence. I'm nervous as hell. It's hard to beat Patrick Mahomes. But I feel that the team wants this so, so badly, for themselves and for each other and for Kyle.

No comments: