20.8.09

gearing up for nfl 2009


Kissing Suzy Kolber is, for the most part, genius. Want a list of reasons? Okay.

a. The name itself is just awesome. My old roommate Dan and I were watching that interview, and we could not believe what we were seeing. Excessive drinking on live TV rules.

b. It's a bunch of wiseass second (or third) career writers slagging shit about the NFL and sports in general. ie. my dream job.

c. Well, I guess that's it. Other than the content.

Anyway. I'm a 49ers fan, have been since Superbowl XXIII when Joe Montana beat the Bengals with a stunning 2-minute drill. (Okay okay, 3-minute drill. Whatever. Why don't you F-off and go practice your 3-minute drill?) Now I'm fan enough to know that compared to the Montana and Young eras, we suck. We're not the Tampa Bay of the '80s, but we sure were/are close and time will only tell if we can save the good name of Eddie Debartolo Jr.

Anyway. I digress. This KSK post about the NFC west is hilarious, and possibly pretty accurate. I dunno, the division is a crap shoot - operative word crap, ha ha - same as last year. Still. Damn I love the NFL.

PS: I gotta try that popcorn bucket thing sometime. Inspired!

No comments: